Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Set To Champion The Forces In Fife
- Spoil Dad this Father’s Day with a unique gift by Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Golf Day
- Win a fantastic Scottish whisky escape for Father’s Day with Glengoyne and Delicious Magazine
- Glengoyne Goes Great Guns for Help for Heroes
- Join the Glengoyne Family
- New Nucoco and Glengoyne whisky tasting tour announced
- Glengoyne’s last bottle of 40 Year old
- Imbibe Personality of the Year Awards
- Glengoyne Joins Forces with Help for Heroes
Glengoyne Champion the Spirit of Golf
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 24 September 2014
Scotland’s Ryder Cup rookie Stephen Gallacher should be in fine spirits after being presented with a rare decanter of 35YO Glengoyne ahead of his appearance at Gleneagles this week.
Stephen, who is a whisky enthusiast and a loyal supporter of Glengoyne, is the only Scottish golfer to secure a place in the Ryder Cup 2014 European Team and the limited edition decanter was presented to mark this momentous achievement.
Iain Weir, Marketing Director for Ian Macleod Distillers (owners of Glengoyne), said: “Stephen has always shown single minded determination in his exceptional international golfing career but remains a proud, local family man. We pride ourselves on being one of the most widely respected Scottish independent family firms in the spirits industry, so this is a perfect match. The Glengoyne 35YO was distilled about the same time Stephen first lifted a golf club and both have matured very well! We are delighted to present him with this decanter of Glengoyne and wish him and Team Europe all the best at the Ryder Cup.”
The presentation took place at Kingsfield Golf Course near Linlithgow which has close connections to Stephen. Kingsfield is a practice venue both for Stephen and for many from his Foundation, and Glengoyne also sponsor the renowned golfing centre.
The bespoke Glengoyne decanter is made from hand-blown crystal and is engraved with gold inlay and is individually numbered on its gold collar. Presented in a solid oak lacquered gull wing box with a stitched ‘Bentley Red’ leather interior and base, the gift box also comes complete with an individually numbered leather book, which tells the story of the brand.