Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Distillery is going 100% green
- Dinner is served
- Glengoyne at the Edinburgh Festival
- Glengoyne releases new 20cl range
- Whisky, Jazz and Fun(draising): An Afternoon Tea Party With a Difference
- Glengoyne Set To Champion The Forces In Fife
- Spoil Dad this Father’s Day with a unique gift by Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Golf Day
- Win a fantastic Scottish whisky escape for Father’s Day with Glengoyne and Delicious Magazine
- Glengoyne Goes Great Guns for Help for Heroes
Glengoyne 25 Year Old wins Gold at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 08 April 2015
Glengoyne is celebrating after winning gold at America’s most prestigious International spirits competition, the 2015 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, for Glengoyne 25 Year Old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
The esteemed competition, the largest International spirits competition in America, was held on the 19 - 22 March and saw Glengoyne 25 Year Old fight off stiff opposition from more than 1,500 entries - the largest in its 15 year history.
Commenting on the award, Neil Boyd, Commercial Director for Ian Macleod Distillers, owners of Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky said: “We’re absolutely thrilled that Glengoyne 25 Year Old has won such a prestigious award. The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is extremely respected in the industry and it’s great to receive such recognition.”
Staying true to the nature of the competition, entries were tediously evaluated by 39 of the finest palettes and the judging was blind, ensuring competitive integrity.