Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Introduces NEW 25YO
- Secure Your Piece of Glengoyne History
- Crème Brûlée by Celebrity Chef, Tom Lewis
- Glengoyne and London Scottish announce three year sponsorship deal
- Glengoyne Live Cask Event A Dram Good Success
- Glengoyne unveils exquisite 35yo decanter
- Glengoyne Unites the Auld Enemy at the Balmoral
- Trophy GOLD for Glengoyne at the Drinks International Travel Retail Awards
- 21 year old malt added to 20cl range
- Glengoyne CHAS Easter Bash
Glengoyne 25 Year Old wins Gold at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 08 April 2015
Glengoyne is celebrating after winning gold at America’s most prestigious International spirits competition, the 2015 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, for Glengoyne 25 Year Old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
The esteemed competition, the largest International spirits competition in America, was held on the 19 - 22 March and saw Glengoyne 25 Year Old fight off stiff opposition from more than 1,500 entries - the largest in its 15 year history.
Commenting on the award, Neil Boyd, Commercial Director for Ian Macleod Distillers, owners of Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky said: “We’re absolutely thrilled that Glengoyne 25 Year Old has won such a prestigious award. The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is extremely respected in the industry and it’s great to receive such recognition.”
Staying true to the nature of the competition, entries were tediously evaluated by 39 of the finest palettes and the judging was blind, ensuring competitive integrity.