Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Crème Brûlée by Celebrity Chef, Tom Lewis
- Glengoyne and London Scottish announce three year sponsorship deal
- Glengoyne Live Cask Event A Dram Good Success
- Glengoyne unveils exquisite 35yo decanter
- Glengoyne Unites the Auld Enemy at the Balmoral
- Trophy GOLD for Glengoyne at the Drinks International Travel Retail Awards
- 21 year old malt added to 20cl range
- Glengoyne CHAS Easter Bash
- Glengoyne Distillery is going 100% green
- Dinner is served
Glengoyne Toast Award Winning Year
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 11 November 2014
Two further awards have turned 2014 into a record-breaking year for Glengoyne.
The family owned distillery has won more top awards this year than ever before with the latest, a double win at the Scottish Field Whisky Challenge, to add to the trophy cabinet.
Glengoyne 25 Year Old was awarded the Top Distillery Bottling and a silver medal in the Over £80 category.
The Scottish Field Whisky Challenge is now in its fourteenth year and is a key event in the Scotch whisky trade calendar. The winners are chosen through blind tasting by respected industry judges meaning the whisky is chosen solely on its own merit.
Commenting on the awards, Neil Boyd, Commercial Director of Malts for Ian Macleod Distillers who own Glengoyne said: “2014 has truly been an award-winning year for us at Glengoyne and with another set of awards to add to our already record number for this year, this really is a fantastic accolade for us. We are looking forward to next year and the successes we hope it will bring.”