Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- 21 year old malt added to 20cl range
- Glengoyne CHAS Easter Bash
- Glengoyne Distillery is going 100% green
- Dinner is served
- Glengoyne at the Edinburgh Festival
- Glengoyne releases new 20cl range
- Whisky, Jazz and Fun(draising): An Afternoon Tea Party With a Difference
- Glengoyne Set To Champion The Forces In Fife
- Spoil Dad this Father’s Day with a unique gift by Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Golf Day
Ian Macleod Distillers crowned five-times winner at The Asian Spirits Masters
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 07 May 2014
Ian Macleod Distillers is celebrating after an outstanding win at The Asian Spirits Masters in London as its three finest Single Malt brands swept the board with a total of five awards.
The medals were awarded to: Scotland’s slowest distilled whisky, Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky; the heavily-peated Smokehead Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky and the recently re-launched and award-winning ‘can-dhu’, spirit Tamdhu Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Only nine medals were presented in the whisky category, making Ian Macleod Distillers the biggest winner. The awards are:
- Single Malt up to 12yo category – Gold medal Tamdhu 10yo Speyside Single Malt
- Single Malt up to 12yo category – Gold medal Smokehead Islay Single Malt
- Single Malt 12-18yo category – Gold medal Glengoyne 18yo Highland Single Malt
- Single Malt 18+yo category – Gold medal Glengoyne 25 yo Highland Single Malt
- Single Malt 18+yo category – Silver medal Glengoyne 21 yo Highland Single Malt
The Asian Spirits Masters seek to find and reward the finest spirits brands in Asia on the world stage. Chaired by The Spirits Business and a panel of leading, independent spirits specialists, The Asian Spirits Masters is open to all brands available to buy in the Far East and was judged in a blind tasting from entries from across the world. Each spirit is judged on its own merit and is not chosen by comparison.
Iain Weir, Marketing Director for Ian Macleod Distillers said: “We are exceedingly proud that, once again, our brands have been recognised in what is an extremely competitive market.
“It is particularly exciting to see that Tamdhu has now won top awards in each of the three competitions entered since its re-launch last year. We are also delighted that the new Glengoyne 25yo has been awarded a gold medal in its first competition,” Iain continued.
“Each one of these malts boasts its own unique qualities making them worthy winners of these prestigious awards.”