Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne CHAS Easter Bash
- Glengoyne Distillery is going 100% green
- Dinner is served
- Glengoyne at the Edinburgh Festival
- Glengoyne releases new 20cl range
- Whisky, Jazz and Fun(draising): An Afternoon Tea Party With a Difference
- Glengoyne Set To Champion The Forces In Fife
- Spoil Dad this Father’s Day with a unique gift by Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Golf Day
- Win a fantastic Scottish whisky escape for Father’s Day with Glengoyne and Delicious Magazine
A QUARTET of victories for Glengoyne Whisky at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 14 April 2014
The San Francisco World Spirits Competition, the most prestigious and highly regarded spirits competition in the USA, has announced a quartet of medals for Glengoyne.
Glengoyne scooped the DOUBLE GOLD Medal for its 18 and 21YO malts, the GOLD medal for its 12YO malt and SILVER medal for its 15YO malt.
Held at the distinguished Hotel Nikko in San Francisco, the 2014 San Francisco World Spirits Competition was the largest in its 14-year history with Glengoyne fighting off stiff competition from 1,474 entries. Spirit entries were evaluated by 39 of the finest palates from the industry including spirits experts from noted restaurants and hotels, well-known spirits journalists from major national media, spirits buyers for large purveyors, and spirits consultants.
Commenting on the awards, Iain Weir, Marketing Director for Ian Macleod Distillers, said: “We are truly delighted to have been awarded these medals for four of our Glengoyne malts. Glengoyne is a result of time, craft and care and by distilling slower than anyone else in Scotland, we can genuinely claim that Glengoyne is ‘Worth the Wait’. For our malts to be recognised by these prestigious awards is a great reward for all our hard work.”