Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Unites the Auld Enemy at the Balmoral
- Trophy GOLD for Glengoyne at the Drinks International Travel Retail Awards
- 21 year old malt added to 20cl range
- Glengoyne CHAS Easter Bash
- Glengoyne Distillery is going 100% green
- Dinner is served
- Glengoyne at the Edinburgh Festival
- Glengoyne releases new 20cl range
- Whisky, Jazz and Fun(draising): An Afternoon Tea Party With a Difference
- Glengoyne Set To Champion The Forces In Fife
Glengoyne Wins Best Scotch Whisky Trophy at the China Wine and Spirits Awards 2014
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 01 September 2014
Glengoyne is celebrating winning the Trophy for Scotch Whisky of the Year for its 25YO malt at this year’s China Wine & Spirits Awards (CWSA).
100 specialist judges from China’s top buyers, importers, distributors, retailers and sommeliers were chosen to blind taste wines and spirits from 35 countries to judge CWSA’s 2014 competition.
Commenting on the awards, Iain Weir, Marketing Director for Ian Macleod Distillers, said: “We are thrilled to have won this Trophy. It’s great to see that Glengoyne 25YO has been chosen as a favourite by some of the most influential people in Greater China’s important drinks industry.”
Glengoyne 25YO has already won a Gold medal at The Spirits Business Masters Awards 2014, and indeed has won awards in every competition it has been entered into this year. Iain Weir said: “This is excellent news as we only launched the 25YO earlier this year.”
Glengoyne 25YO is fully matured in the best quality sherry casks, the most expensive type of casks for maturing Scotch Whisky.