Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne launches repackaged 10 year old
- Glengoyne announces first ever Publican of the Year Award
- Spoil your dad this Fathers Day with the Glengoyne twin collection
- Did you know?
- Enter into the Spirit of Valentines Day with a personalised bottle of Glengoyne
- Glengoyne Launches New Advertising Campaign in Taiwan
- HMS Glasgow Bids Farewell
- New Recruits
- Indulge your man this year with The Real Taste Of Malt
- Ian Macleod Awarded Five Maniacal Awards
A QUARTET of victories for Glengoyne Whisky at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 14 April 2014
The San Francisco World Spirits Competition, the most prestigious and highly regarded spirits competition in the USA, has announced a quartet of medals for Glengoyne.
Glengoyne scooped the DOUBLE GOLD Medal for its 18 and 21YO malts, the GOLD medal for its 12YO malt and SILVER medal for its 15YO malt.
Held at the distinguished Hotel Nikko in San Francisco, the 2014 San Francisco World Spirits Competition was the largest in its 14-year history with Glengoyne fighting off stiff competition from 1,474 entries. Spirit entries were evaluated by 39 of the finest palates from the industry including spirits experts from noted restaurants and hotels, well-known spirits journalists from major national media, spirits buyers for large purveyors, and spirits consultants.
Commenting on the awards, Iain Weir, Marketing Director for Ian Macleod Distillers, said: “We are truly delighted to have been awarded these medals for four of our Glengoyne malts. Glengoyne is a result of time, craft and care and by distilling slower than anyone else in Scotland, we can genuinely claim that Glengoyne is ‘Worth the Wait’. For our malts to be recognised by these prestigious awards is a great reward for all our hard work.”