Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne scoops three top awards at the prestigious 2005 San Francisco World Spirits competition
- Ian Macleod Distillers Limited Celebrates 2nd Anniversary
- Langs Select 12 year old scoops Gold
- Glengoyne launches repackaged 10 year old
- Glengoyne announces first ever Publican of the Year Award
- Spoil your dad this Fathers Day with the Glengoyne twin collection
- Did you know?
- Enter into the Spirit of Valentines Day with a personalised bottle of Glengoyne
- Glengoyne Launches New Advertising Campaign in Taiwan
- HMS Glasgow Bids Farewell
Glengoyne Wins Best Scotch Whisky Trophy at the China Wine and Spirits Awards 2014
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 01 September 2014
Glengoyne is celebrating winning the Trophy for Scotch Whisky of the Year for its 25YO malt at this year’s China Wine & Spirits Awards (CWSA).
100 specialist judges from China’s top buyers, importers, distributors, retailers and sommeliers were chosen to blind taste wines and spirits from 35 countries to judge CWSA’s 2014 competition.
Commenting on the awards, Iain Weir, Marketing Director for Ian Macleod Distillers, said: “We are thrilled to have won this Trophy. It’s great to see that Glengoyne 25YO has been chosen as a favourite by some of the most influential people in Greater China’s important drinks industry.”
Glengoyne 25YO has already won a Gold medal at The Spirits Business Masters Awards 2014, and indeed has won awards in every competition it has been entered into this year. Iain Weir said: “This is excellent news as we only launched the 25YO earlier this year.”
Glengoyne 25YO is fully matured in the best quality sherry casks, the most expensive type of casks for maturing Scotch Whisky.