Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Chosen as Drink of the Stars
- Stillmen Dominate Awards
- The Stillmens Choice
- Glengoyne Strike Gold in Sweden
- Glengoyne Launches Three New Single Cask Limited Editions
- Glengoyne Launch Limited Edition Scottish Oak Wood Finish
- Glengoyne scoops three top awards at the prestigious 2005 San Francisco World Spirits competition
- Ian Macleod Distillers Limited Celebrates 2nd Anniversary
- Langs Select 12 year old scoops Gold
- Glengoyne launches repackaged 10 year old
Glengoyne 25 Year Old wins Gold at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 08 April 2015
Glengoyne is celebrating after winning gold at America’s most prestigious International spirits competition, the 2015 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, for Glengoyne 25 Year Old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
The esteemed competition, the largest International spirits competition in America, was held on the 19 - 22 March and saw Glengoyne 25 Year Old fight off stiff opposition from more than 1,500 entries - the largest in its 15 year history.
Commenting on the award, Neil Boyd, Commercial Director for Ian Macleod Distillers, owners of Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky said: “We’re absolutely thrilled that Glengoyne 25 Year Old has won such a prestigious award. The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is extremely respected in the industry and it’s great to receive such recognition.”
Staying true to the nature of the competition, entries were tediously evaluated by 39 of the finest palettes and the judging was blind, ensuring competitive integrity.