Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR THE WHISKY LOVER
- A Brand New Distillery Experience From Glengoyne
- New Uk Distribution Channel For Ian Macleod Brands
- Dr David Wishart Visits Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Stillmen are Still Game
- Ron Retires
- New Changes to Online Shop
- Glengoyne unveils exciting new range of distillery tours
- Glengoyne Chosen as Drink of the Stars
- Stillmen Dominate Awards
Glengoyne Toast Award Winning Year
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 11 November 2014
Two further awards have turned 2014 into a record-breaking year for Glengoyne.
The family owned distillery has won more top awards this year than ever before with the latest, a double win at the Scottish Field Whisky Challenge, to add to the trophy cabinet.
Glengoyne 25 Year Old was awarded the Top Distillery Bottling and a silver medal in the Over £80 category.
The Scottish Field Whisky Challenge is now in its fourteenth year and is a key event in the Scotch whisky trade calendar. The winners are chosen through blind tasting by respected industry judges meaning the whisky is chosen solely on its own merit.
Commenting on the awards, Neil Boyd, Commercial Director of Malts for Ian Macleod Distillers who own Glengoyne said: “2014 has truly been an award-winning year for us at Glengoyne and with another set of awards to add to our already record number for this year, this really is a fantastic accolade for us. We are looking forward to next year and the successes we hope it will bring.”