Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Glengoyne Golf Day
- Win a fantastic Scottish whisky escape for Father’s Day with Glengoyne and Delicious Magazine
- Glengoyne Goes Great Guns for Help for Heroes
- Join the Glengoyne Family
- New Nucoco and Glengoyne whisky tasting tour announced
- Glengoyne’s last bottle of 40 Year old
- Imbibe Personality of the Year Awards
- Glengoyne Joins Forces with Help for Heroes
- Dram Fine Burns With Glengoyne
- Glengoyne Worth the Wait competition winner revealed
Glengoyne toasts the start of Fred MacAulay's charity walk
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 18 July 2012
Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Whisky welcomed comedian and broadcaster, Fred MacAulay to the distillery on the first leg of his 96-mile West Highland Way charity walk in aid of the STV Appeal 2012.
Fred, accompanied by Scottish rugby legend, Scott Hastings and STV news presenter, John Mackay on the inaugural day of the walk, aims to raise funds to help children living in poverty in Scotland.
The West Highland Way runs close to Glengoyne Distillery near Killearn. On arrival, Alan Wardrop, UK sales manager for the distillery, met Fred and his walkers, presenting them with a bottle of Glengoyne 21 Years Old as a memento and Glengoyne Auld Enemy Dram to auction for the appeal.
Fred was even able to top up his hip flask with Glengoyne 21 Years Old, providing him with a tipple for the remaining 89 miles which lie ahead!
For more information on Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Whisky, visit www.glengoyne.com.
To donate to the STV Appeal, visit: www.justgiving.co.uk/WHWFredmacAulay