Latest News From Glengoyne Distillery
- Crème Brûlée by Celebrity Chef, Tom Lewis
- Glengoyne and London Scottish announce three year sponsorship deal
- Glengoyne Live Cask Event A Dram Good Success
- Glengoyne unveils exquisite 35yo decanter
- Glengoyne Unites the Auld Enemy at the Balmoral
- Trophy GOLD for Glengoyne at the Drinks International Travel Retail Awards
- 21 year old malt added to 20cl range
- Glengoyne CHAS Easter Bash
- Glengoyne Distillery is going 100% green
- Dinner is served
Glengoyne toasts the start of Fred MacAulay's charity walk
By Yvonne Granger
Posted on: 18 July 2012
Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Whisky welcomed comedian and broadcaster, Fred MacAulay to the distillery on the first leg of his 96-mile West Highland Way charity walk in aid of the STV Appeal 2012.
Fred, accompanied by Scottish rugby legend, Scott Hastings and STV news presenter, John Mackay on the inaugural day of the walk, aims to raise funds to help children living in poverty in Scotland.
The West Highland Way runs close to Glengoyne Distillery near Killearn. On arrival, Alan Wardrop, UK sales manager for the distillery, met Fred and his walkers, presenting them with a bottle of Glengoyne 21 Years Old as a memento and Glengoyne Auld Enemy Dram to auction for the appeal.
Fred was even able to top up his hip flask with Glengoyne 21 Years Old, providing him with a tipple for the remaining 89 miles which lie ahead!
For more information on Glengoyne Highland Single Malt Whisky, visit www.glengoyne.com.
To donate to the STV Appeal, visit: www.justgiving.co.uk/WHWFredmacAulay